1936 SEAGRAVE RESCUE AND SALVAGE TRUCK
The 1936 Seagrave was the second motorized apparatus purchased for General Warren. This truck was designed to carry lighting, salvage equipment, and in a new development, tools for industrial accidents and automobile extrication. With war clouds on the horizon, and before the advent of the ambulance corps, many departments began equipping fire trucks with first aid and rescue equipment. This was the ‘cutting edge’ technology of its day. The flashlight and iodine truck would also respond with accident victims directly to Nyack Hospital when the need arose.
Below is the initial proposal for the 36 Seagrave. As you can see, the truck was spec’d out with a ‘Northern Booster Pump’, 150 feet of 3/4″ hose, and a 100 gallon tank. The pump was dropped in the final build. The 36 Seagrave is the design basis for all of our trucks since.
Click to open in a PDF format
At the meeting held on February 2nd, 1937, the company moniker again was changed from General Warren Hose Co.#2 to General Warren Emergency Company #2, a reflection of its mission, and we remain so today.
The 36 Seagrave was last seen sitting in Jurgensens Machine Shop on West Street.